Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Wedding Invitation

I feel like I'm running out of different production blog ideas, but don't despair! I have found some actually interesting wedding invitations. Wedding invitations are the epitome of bad boring design through the centuries, but I found a few that I thought were much more interestingly designed and one that was just funny.


I thought this was a very interesting design. Wedding invitations suck because they're always so generic, but this one really has personality and an awesome way to get at the information. I really like it because its interactive and it would definitely have the curiosity appeal.


This one, I'm not going to say is a great design. The picture is hilarious, but its been seen before. The type makes it seem girly but the picture says boy to me, and there is a typo. Nonetheless, I love this because its for a WEDDING which are always taken too seriously. So therefor I like this.


This one is outstanding, expensive, but a great idea! So you don't get an invitation, you get a stamp, ink, and a roller so you can make your own! I think it would be a great idea to tell all the guests to bring in what they stamped their invitation on and see what everyone would come up with. I've never seen anything like this.


This one I just liked because of the typography being the singular source of imagery. It looks sleek and playful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers