Friday, February 26, 2010

Design Publications

So I was looking through some popular design publications to get an idea of what the competition looks like. I found four good ones including Print, ID, and How Magazines.


 
Print magazine seems like a good all around for graphic and fine arts. They do a lot of exposes on different media artists which I think is great because you can get an idea of what the professionals are doing out there in different media forms. 


  
I like ID mag because they have simple categories named like live, work, shine, play, trend, eat, wear, etc. They also have a great website where you can download their 2009 design annual. I think ID is a great reference and research magazine.


How Mag is kind of what the title implies, more of the how. How to get a job, how to go to an interview, how to forums which go through a multitude of different subjects. I would say this is less about what is interesting and more about getting you out there to get a great job and produce great work.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers