Monday, February 8, 2010

Ultimate Online Production Design

I was meandering through different "creative containers" on google for my next blog post because I need to research different containers for my packaging class. I obviously ran across the container store again, already thoroughly searched earlier, but they have a service I find compelling enough to talk about.

They will design a "space" for you; whether it's a closet, home office, laundry room, or garage etc.


I chose the home office since I don't have a "real" closet, pantry, or laundry room; the garage for my building consists of non-permit street parking; and my laundry room is all for one and one for all.

After choosing the space it asked me what the dimensions of my room were...

And then it asked what kind of finish I wanted....
I wanted bamboo but the website was giving me some issues. It seems like you have to click and preview all the selections before it will actually let you continue.

After it asked me about the finishing, it wanted to know, pretty comprehensively, what kind of stuff I wanted in my space.

I chose all the options in the "desk area" and the essentials for everything else. Sad to say though, when I clicked continue it took me to a "give us your phone number and we'll call you back!" type of thing. I won't lie, I was completely excited for a this is what your room will look like experience but it seems like they need time to put things together for you.

I chose this for my topic because I think it's a great concept; easily designing storage space for the humble hard worker to the I don't do anything myself money making pedigree. Even though its downfall is not showing you what your space could look like, it is interesting how they easily direct you through simple options to enhance your space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers