Friday, February 26, 2010

Winners of the 2009 ID design annual in packaging

I was sifting through ID's design annual and I chose to show some winners from the packaging part.

 
I really liked this one. It's the reinvention of the first aid kit. It has a great integrated handle and it looks clean and simple. If they had redone this product and moved away from the clean minimalistic design, I don't think it would be as successful.
This one was picked because of its  egg carton, eco friendly egg carton material, and homey colors scheme. I like the nest thing going on in the package and the fact that its not a gift box necessarily or a gift bag... its a gift egg carton, that even has some "nest" qualities about it.
 
The other winner was, ofcourse, .... Coke. I have to give them credit, even though they are a huge raging corporate monster; this new aluminum bottle is a great redesign of the their original glass bottle. Its modern yet traditional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers